Wednesday, November 14, 2007

An Atheists Creed

Written by an exceptionally bright guy amongst many on an Atheist NG.
Thanks Drafterman!


An Atheists Creed

I hereby do not accept the premise of god's existence. My reasons for

doing so are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the beliefs (or
lack of beliefs) of other atheists. Any other philosophies or systems
of belief that I hold to be true in addition to (or, in my opinion,
because) of my atheism are also mine and mine alone and do not
reflect
the beliefs (or lack of beliefs) of other atheists. If me
and another
atheist commonly hold another belief or beliefs to
be true, it does
not reflect upon atheism. Whether or not I choose
to accept or reject
unrelated beliefs is at my discretion and will
have no affect on my
status as an atheist.

At such a time as I accept the premise of god's existence, I will
cease to be an atheist. This will not inherently affect any other
belief I hold, since there are no other beliefs based strictly on
atheism.

No comments: